Zofran (also known as Ondansetron) often causes serious side effects. In particular, pregnant women prescribed Zofran to treat morning sickness reportedly gave birth to children with birth defects, including a cleft palate, cleft lip, and heart problems, according to a study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology in December 2014.
In addition, another study suggests that Zofran side effects might have resulted in the death of two children. The study was published by Pediatric Emergency Care which reported that two children experienced heart problems after taking Zofran. Both children developed tachycardia (an increased heart rate) and later died.
Legal cases involving this medication primarily marketed to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy can be complicated. If you or a loved one suffered any of the dangerous birth defect side effects linked to Zofran, call Marcus & Mack today at (814) 277-5664. Don’t let pharmaceutical companies push you around. Fight back! It’s important to take action and contact a dangerous drugs lawyer as soon as possible as a delay may affect your rights.
Common Side Effects of Zofran
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) manufactures Zofran, which also has been linked to adverse side effects among mothers. Some of the most common dangerous side effects and symptoms reported by patients include:
- Blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
- Trouble urinating
Steps to Take After Experiencing Dangerous Side Effects Due to Zofran in Indiana, PA
Don’t underestimate the seriousness of your symptoms. If you believe you or a loved one is a victim of Zofran, take the following steps to protect your health and your legal rights:
- Seek medical attention – Go to an emergency room and tell the doctor that you or your loved one have been experiencing health problems possibly due to Zofran. Tell the physician about any other prescription drugs you or your loved one are taking.
- Gather information – Evidence builds strong cases. The more proof you have of a medical problem caused by Zofran, the stronger your case. Evidence can include:
- Copies of medical reports
- Copies of prescriptions for medications
- Photographs documenting health issues
- Keep a journal – Write down exactly what is wrong with you or a loved one since you started taking Zofran. Make sure to write down exactly when you noticed changes in your health. Describe in detail your health issues.
- Contact us – Our experienced Pennsylvania lawyers at Marcus & Mack have dedicated our careers to helping injury victims just like you. Contact our law firm. We can help.
Contact Our Western, PA Zofran Lawyer
Many dangerous drug cases might seem straightforward. You might have even received a financial offer from GlaxoSmithKline or its insurance company to settle your case.
Always be suspicious of multinational drug companies and large insurance companies. These corporations often only care about one thing – keeping payments to injury victims as low as possible. That’s not right and it’s why we aggressively pursue compensation for people harmed by such powerful drugs.
Call (814) 277-5664 to schedule a free case evaluation at our offices in Indiana, Altoona, State College, or Johnstown. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we collect no fee unless you collect compensation. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!