What To Do After a Minor Car Accident

What To Do After a Minor Car Accident

Attorney Bryan Neiderhiser: The question I’m often asked is: What should I do if I’ve been involved in a minor accident?

The simple answer is treat it as seriously as they would any other accident. The first thing they should do is pull their car off to a side of safety, get themselves out of harm’s way. Don’t move any further than they have to to do that.

In today’s day and age, everybody also has phones that have cameras. Make sure that they take some pictures of the scene, document things such as weather condition, traffic devices and any debris or skid marks on the roadway.

Certainly, make sure they’re okay and exchange information with the other person. This should include actually seeing their driver’s license, getting a copy of their insurance card and registration, taking a photograph of their license plate is also helpful.

Certainly, even though the case may not be one where their car needs to be towed and maybe drivable from the scene, also call the police to report the accident and make sure that there’s a record of the collision having occurred.

Additionally, although they may be feeling fine at the accident scene, take care of themselves, watch themselves and over the next day or two, once the adrenaline fades, if they’re beginning to feel any pain, make sure that they seek medical treatment.

And certainly, if they have any questions whatsoever, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. Taking care of injury victims is all we do.

Come And Visit Our Offices

Marcus & Mack

Marcus & Mack
57 S 6th Street,
The Mitchell House

Indiana PA   15701
1216 11th Ave
Suite 219

Altoona PA   16601
108 West Beaver Avenue,
Suite 203

State College PA  16801
334 Budfield St,

Johnstown PA  15904
12 West Long Ave.
Suite 203

DuBois PA  15801