What Should You Do If Injured At Work

What Should You Do If Injured At Work

Attorney Russel Bopp: If you’re injured at work, they have two potential avenues to make a recovery.

First is worker’s compensation. Worker’s compensation will pay for medical bills as well as wage loss, where they’ve been injured in the course in scope of their employment. However, they need to know that they may be able to make a third-party claim against someone who is responsible for their injury.

A third-party claim can be made where their injury was caused by someone outside of their employment. So, it will have to be a third-party who would have to be someone who’s driving down the road when they’re in a work vehicle and maybe they caused an accident, it could be a product that malfunctions in the workplace, and the manufacturer of that product could be responsible for the work accident in the client’s injury.

In those circumstances, they need to be aware that they can make a third-party claim in addition to any worker’s compensation claim.

If they have any questions about this or whether their claim can be worker’s compensation or third-party, please give our offices a call. We’ll be happy to talk to them.

Come And Visit Our Offices

Marcus & Mack

Marcus & Mack
57 S 6th Street,
The Mitchell House

Indiana PA   15701
820 S 12th St
Suite B

Altoona PA   16602
108 West Beaver Avenue,
Suite 203

State College PA  16801
334 Budfield St,

Johnstown PA  15904
12 West Long Ave.
Suite 203

DuBois PA  15801