The Attorneys at Marcus & Mack have always valued giving back to the community. Marcus & Mack is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters of Blair County, Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania, The Learning Lamp, and the Children’s Aid Society, just to name a few. These organizations give the firm opportunities to help local children in need. The firm also donates over $10,000 annually to local schools scholarship programs. Now, Marcus & Mack wants to hear how you help your community!
The Caring Community Scholarship is a $2,000 scholarship award available to one student who has worked to make their community a better place. Specifically, Marcus & Mack wants you to provide one example of a problem you saw in your community, what you did to combat it, and the positive impact your efforts had on your community, as well as on yourself. Our hope is that this scholarship will encourage students to get involved in their communities in whatever capacity they can. No effort is too small when it comes to helping others!
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant is a U.S. citizen currently enrolled or about to attend an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program within the United States
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA.
The applicant must then write a 1,000-word essay explaining how they work to make their community a better place.
In order to apply for the Caring Community Scholarship, an applicant must submit the following items on or before September 30, 2020:
- A resume, including up to date contact information
- A current academic transcript, clearly stating a cumulative GPA
- A 1,000-word essay describing the student’s efforts to make their community a better place by specifically citing a problem they worked to solve and explaining the outcome.
The scholarship will award $2,000 to one student to be used to help them achieve their educational goals.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must submit their complete application (resume, transcript, and essay) on or before September 30, 2020. All applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Applicant’s name] – Caring Community Scholarship.”